RE: [CH] missing chile help

beth@bayoutraders.com ("beth@bayoutraders.com")
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:25:28 -0400

Thank you. That is very kind of you to offer Matt but I do have a few seeds
left as well as one fairly nice plant with "A" bud and 3 plants that are
floundering.  All are in the shade, but they are having a hard time with
the heat & humidity.  I am very seriously considering bringing them inside
for the comfort of air conditioning.

Thanks again
Beth in Texas

Original Message:
-----------------
From: T. Matthew Evans tmattevans@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:52:09 -0700 (PDT)
To: beth@bayoutraders.com, fhashek@comcast.net, chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: RE: [CH] missing chile help

Frank and Beth --

I have seeds that I saved from some manzano chiles that I purchased
here in Atlanta about a year and a half ago.  They germinated for me
last year and this year, but the plants are typically a disappointment.
 Had I known that there was now an import ban, I would have grown more
this year.

At any rate, I don't have chiles, but I have seeds if you're
interested.  Please send me your snail mail address off-list if you
would like seeds.

Matt

http://www.sunkist.com/tr-network/sunkist_report/report.asp?report_id=22#254
> http://www.doacs.state.fl.us/press/05092003_2.html
>
> There is a Pervian restaurant here in Houston that I have wanted to
> go to.
> The lady told me that if I came she would tell me where this town's
> South
> American markets are.  I am hoping to find some there, along with
> other
> ají.  It doesn't sound like USDA banned Rocoto from Peru!
>
> Beth in Texas

=====
.
.