Re: [CH] Growing Manzanos

Love2Troll (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:57:15 -0500

Grant,

I've germinated C. pubescens seeds from Bolivia, Equador, Guatamala etc and have found that temps in the low to mid 80s F work well.  Just keep whatever your germination medium is slightly moist.  The average sprouting time for the over 20 varietes I've tried is about 8-9 days.

This year my Manzano Rojo seeds took 11 days.

JohnT

----- Original Message -----
From: Grant Cameron
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 12:39 AM
Subject: [CH] Growing Manzanos

Hi

I have just acquired 8 Manzano seeds and want to propagate a few
plants.  Can you let me know if the seeds better at 70 degrees F (22
degrees C) with high humidity or 65 degrees F (18 degrees C) with low
humidity?

I'm guessing if they naturally occur high in the Bolivian mountains
then the cooler and less humidity option is best?????

regards
grant

Grant Cameron
Manager, Australian Garden Project
Royal Botanic Gardens
Birdwood Avenue (Private Bag 2000)
South Yarra   Vic   3141
Australia
(ph) 9252-2401  (fax) 9252-2476  (mobile) 0438 091 734