Re: [CH] Too late?

Pete (pekiwa@caveland.net)
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:11:36 -0500

experienced an extremely cool, wet summer so far, which in terms of most
crops isn't good, but in the case of transplanting is.  We live in south
central Kentucky, and are still getting away with transplanting, although
that would have been unthinkable under normal conditions.  So, as far north
of us as you are, you should be fine.

You might want to put the plants outside in their containers in the spot you
want to put them for a couple of days first to harden them off.  Setting
them in a partial sunny area, and in the evening might be easiest on them.
And, if it's supposed to rain again within the next 24 hours after you
plant, that'd be ideal.

Lot's of people, especially those with limited outdoor space for gardens,
grow their peppers exclusively in containers.  That way they can have them
placed around outside during the warm months then bring them in when it gets
too cold.  That has the added benefit of keeping them alive during the
winter to grow agin the next season.

You might as well expect rivers to run backward as that any man who
was born a free man should be contented when penned up and denied liberty. ~

CHIEF JOSEPH

Love/Light/Peace/Joy,
Pete