Re: [CH] possible chocolate hab sighting

Jim Nelson (jmnelson@winfirst.com)
Sat, 02 Aug 2003 14:25:13 -0700

Alex
That its raining in August in Sacramento (something that happens at
least twice a millennium) and its a good fifty degrees cooler than it
was last week at this time has induced a synaptic misfire that caused me
to conclude that this question calls for a Supertramp lyric response.

But before we get to that, I grow a variety some call a Congo that is
also know as a long Chocolate Hab and that sounds close to what you
refer to as the long dimpled pod. These dry marvelously by the way
without the rot that happens to other hab pods.  I also grow something
that looks like a basic orange hab that ripens to brown but not from
green.  There is a third one that seems closer to what you describe and
had a label on it as "Jamaica Chocolate" when I acquired it  that does
have a time delay fuse.  Which brings us back to the Supertramp lyric
response to a perfectly sensible question:
"Some they do and some they don't
And some you just can't tell.
Some they will and some they won't
And for some its just as well."

I am sure one of our more learned members will give you a more
botanically accurate response but opportunities to quote Supertramp
songs do not grow on trees or pepper bushes either for that matter.  Off
to see if  we have evolved to a snow storm.

Jim the chilehead lawyer ( to distinguish himself from the more
reputable and venerable Jim's on the list)