RE: [CH] Lemon Drop Question

Boulden, Randy (RBoulden@natco-us.com)
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:30:30 -0500

I have grown both the last 2 years.  Fatali is a Chinense while Aji Lemon is
a Baccatum.  Fatali is by far the hotter.  I like Aji Lemon especially
because it continues to produce even in extremely hot weather.  It's a heavy
producer on a relatively small plant and heat does not bother it.  They also
have a wonderful lemony flavor that goes well with anything.  Contact me off
list if you need seeds.  I have plenty to share.

-----Original Message-----
From: T. Matthew Evans [mailto:tmattevans@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 1:16 PM
To: Love2Troll; chile-heads
Subject: Re: [CH] Lemon Drop Question

JohnT --

Very nice photos -- I've never grown Lemon Drop or Aji Limon, but I think I
would like to now.  I had a couple of questions, though -- first, I have
fatallis from the USDA that look almost identical to your Aji Limon.  Are
the two close cousins?  Is it possible that my seed isn't "true"?

Next, in the picture of your Lemon Drop plant, it looks like you have many
other chile plants in the background with some sort of system rigged up to
support the plants.  Would you mind elaborating on your method?

Thanks.

Matt

> Lemon Drop plant http://www.fototime.com/D81A145FE383203/orig.jpg
> http://www.fototime.com/C558123B050820A/orig.jpg
>
> My first ever year for growing C. baccatum and I'm already a big fan.
> Aji Colorado is a good one too.
>
> JohnT

=====
.