Re: [CH] OT grils

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:11:52 +0000

>From: jim@wildpepper.com

>Just in my career, I'll bet I've been on no less
>than 4 multi-alarm apartment fires caused by grills.

Yes, and in our apartment complex, there are several gas grills on
second-story wooden balconies.  They sure look like bombs to me.

At my sister's place in Dade, and in a lot of other places, they have some
grills set out in the lawns with picnic tables, as you would see in a park.
So you could at least walk to a grill, if you can be bothered with the extra
effort.

Moving back to topic, a few weeks ago I made a round of grilled kebabs,
including two skewers of nothing but jalapenos.  Later I chopped these up in
the food processor, to go into a batch of chili.  They gave two flavors at
once; a nice even heat, and a roasted-smoky-pepper element.

- A