Re: FW: [CH] 788 Varieties of Pepper Seeds (3 pages)

Uncle Dirty Dave (xrated@ameritech.net)
Tue, 02 Sep 2003 14:28:11 -0500

At 01:53 PM 9/2/2003 -0500, Dan Turkette wrote:
>Mike, this sure smells like spam unless I sent him a request in my sleep
>asking him for this.

It looks to me like someone posting a place to get lotsa chile seeds. Do
you even know what SSE is?

Seed Savers Exchange (SSE) is a nonprofit tax-exempt organization that is
saving "heirloom" (handed-down) garden seeds from extinction.  SSE's 8,000
members grow and distribute heirloom varieties of vegetables, fruits,
grains, SSE's main focus is on heirloom varieties that gardeners and
farmers brought to North America when their families immigrated, and
traditional varieties grown by Native Americans, Mennonites and
Amish.  Since SSE was founded in 1975, our members have distributed an
estimated 750,000 samples of endangered seeds not available through
catalogs and often on the verge of extinction.  SSE has always been the
leader of the heirloom seed movement, and the diligent efforts of our
members are making rare heirloom varieties available to gardeners everywhere.

I'm sure Art will accept your apology.

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!