Re: [CH] Pepper plants - how long do they live?

RisaG (radiorlg@yahoo.com)
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 10:15:12 -0700 (PDT)

Chile are actually perennial. If they are in pots, I
would bring them in for the winter, unless they are
looking bad. If they are in the ground, either pull em
out when you pull the last few chiles, or pot em up
and put em indoors, in a warm room. They should
continue to bud and make pods.

I am bringing about 7 pots this Fall. Hoping to get
another year out of 'em.

If you bring them indoors, do not fertilize much, just
water when they look dry. Watch that they don't get
cold and put them in front of a big window.

I am in Zone 6, New Jersey.

The plants will go dormant but they should come back
next year, with no problem.

RisaG