re: Re: [CH] pubescens pest problem

Jesse [CH1200] G. (CH1200@comcast.net)
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:52:50 -0600

Hey CHs,

The orange, not so spotty Asian ladybugs are "in da house" here in NW
Indiana USA.  Along with some BOXELDER BUGs.  Yecch.  Mostly a nuisance.
  A picture with pesticide-encouragement follows, thanks to U. of
Cal-Davis (deja vu all over again).
Boxelder bugs: http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/r430300311.html
Asian ladybugs : http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/H/I-CO-HAXY-AD.004.html

House bug count was in the hundreds, now down to the dozens for both
bugs.  But at least the little white bugs are nowhere to be seen in the
basement of overwintering.  Now off to water the plants...

Hasta la lista,
Jesse G.
CH#1200

Love2Troll wrote:

>> I would be worried the ladybugs would migrate to the rest of the
>> house. A few years ago over the winter our whole house became
>> infested with ladybugs. There were literaly thousands of them
>> everywhere.
>

> Charlie,
>
> Now you tell me!  LOL   I've heard that those Asian ladybugs can
> invade houses bigtime in the winter.  And for all I know that's what
> I bought.  There seems to be two diff kinds in the shipment I
> received.
>
> Oh well, my peppers come first.
>
> JohnT
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: CES
(SNIP)
> I hope that works out for you O.K. . I would be worried the ladybugs
> would migrate to the rest of the house. A few years ago over the
> winter our whole house became infested with ladybugs. There were
> literaly thousands of them
(SNIP)

Love2Troll
(SNIP)
>> Jan 12th I found that many of my basement plants were suddenly
>> infested:
>>
>> http://www.fototime.com/D43C173E24B82AC/orig.jpg

(SNIP)