Re: [CH] virus crap again, please read

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:17:20 -0800

Scott Peterson wrote:

> At 04:09 PM 1/31/2004, you wrote:
>
>> The National news just advised us all to stay off the net tomorrow.
>> ALL DAY!  I did not see it, but my wife just passed it on to me from
>> the kitchen!!  I'll keep an eye out for further news blasts from big
>> brother!!
>

> What national news?
>
> The only thing that will happen tomorrow is that the two variations of
> the mydoom virus are programmed to launch DOS (Denial of Service)
> attacks against the SCO and Microsoft web sites on 2/1.  That is, they
> will try to overwhelm them with phoney requests so legitimate users
> can't get in.

You know, gang, as much as I HATE these idiots who throw these virus
attacks at the world, I gotta say I hope they completely overwhelm SCO.
Where do these people get off, launching law suits on flimsy grounds
against IBM and Linux just because they THINK they have propiatorial
rights to do so. I hope that worm shuts them down completely...old Doug
in BC who has a Mac