Re: [CH] Sheep and other beastly droppings V8 #743

Joy Williams (hummingbird_@earthlink.net)
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 05:33:16 -0800

You're welcome Cameron

The only people that breed vicunas are in Peru in a protected breeding
program, because Vicunas are a protected species... they are just starting
to recover from a horrendous devastation from poaching.  They are also a
lot more skittish and stress freaked animal so even if we were allowed to
breed them, I probably wouldn't.  Fantastic fiber, gorgeous animals, and
delicate.  Alpacas though have 23 colors... :)  They are also the
descendants of vicunas.

At 07:58 AM 2/12/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi C-H's,
>
>Thanks to Bob Hobby Farmer for the interesting mixed manure details. Yes
>you are correct that my question was not very specific - sorry. (I was in
>"chatty" mode when I should have been in "scientific"!) See you both in
>May. Joy - thank you for the highly a propos information on alpaca
>droppings. You C-H's are truly amazing in your diversity. Does anyone out
>there breed vicunas? They are pretty cool creatures in the wild.
>--
>---
>                      Regards,               Cameron.

Bright Blessings!