RE: [CH] Re: Capsaicin in the (chemists) news; rocotos V8 #743

Cameron Begg (begg@ceof.ohio-state.edu)
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:23:55 -0500

Hi C-H's,

At 8:15 AM -0600 2/12/04, Hughes, David L wrote:
>I have a Tepin/Piquin/whatever plant that I grew from wild seeds. I
>don't really know if they're hotter than my Habs, but when peppers get
>to that level of hot, what real difference does it make? Mine makes tiny
>pods about 1/8"-3/16" dia. by about 3/8" long, and one of them will bite
>me just as hard as a hefty bite off a Habanero. They're HOT!!!!

My understanding is that ovoid pods are called pequins and spherical
ones tepins. You can get pequin plants with extremely dark green
foliage. When they are covered with ripe peppers they look beautiful.
--
---
                      Regards,               Cameron.