Re: [CH] burritos

T. Matthew Evans (tmattevans@yahoo.com)
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 06:20:21 -0800 (PST)

Hi, John --

The burritos sound fantastic.  Two of my favorite things with shrimp are mojo
de ajo and chipotles.  The mojo is just minced garlic stewed very, very slowly
in an abundance of olive oil (with some kosher salt) -- it gets soft and sweet
like roasted garlic.  Once it has reached this stage, squeeze a lime into it
and taste for salt.  Once the lime juice has evaporated, you're good to go.  I
separate the excess oil (for sauteeing) and the goop (for seasoning).  In place
of the chipotles, you could use rehydrated, minced, smopked C. pubescens.
Which raises an interesting question -- have you ever made "pubescens en
adobo"?  I have a recipe for chipotles en adobe, if you're interested in
trying....

Back to the burritos -- you'll need something (besides mojo and chipotle) to
bulk up the burritos -- how about carmelized onions, mashed potatoes, and white
cheddar.  Finish the whole thing with some fresh cilantro.

Matt

=====