Re: [CH] Better late than never...

T. Matthew Evans (tmattevans@yahoo.com)
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:27:29 -0800 (PST)

Yes, the hushpuppies are homemade.  I use a mixture of flour and cornmeal so
that they aren't too heavy (which can be a problem with all-cornmeal
hushpuppies).  I use lots of minced onions and minced fresh jalapenos, although
jalapenos en escabeche also work.

Matt

--- tucker <tucker@ticon.net> wrote:
> "T. Matthew Evans" wrote:
>
> > One of my favorite condiments for good 'ol fried catfish is chipotle tartar
> > sauce -- try it out.  I also dip my jalapeno hush puppies in it.  And serve
> the
> > whole thing on a bed of roasted serrano and pineapple slaw.  Mmmmm....fried
> > food....
> >
> > Matt
>
>   Damn!
>
>   If I send you my address, how quickly can you get that all delivered
> here?!?!?!?
>
>   I assume the jalapeno hush puppies are home made?  If not, where can I get
> 'em???
>

> --
> Erich
> C-H # 2099 & First Lieutenant of the Moderate Corps        ... thinking my
> dinner just won't
> be very satisfying tonight after reading this...

=====
"There ought to be limits to freedom." -- George W. Bush, 05/21/1999