Re: [CH] conservatory plants?

David Cook (zebcook@rcn.com)
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 19:23:48 -0500

Okay, I'm guessing you're talking about the Genzyme building. (I walk by it
every work day.) The Peruvian/Bolivian Purple is a good plant, both edible
and decorative. It has a compact growth habit and small leaves. I'd also
suggest some of the aji plants (or habaneros). They tend to have big leaves
for good foliage. Mine always favored a cool, slightly humid environment.
Aji limon has good colored fruits. Bishops Crown had interesting shaped
fruits. If the area is a bit more bright and dry you might try Mirasol. The
pods extend upward instead of hiding below the leaves.

Of course, serranos and cayennes have always been reliable pot plants for
me, although not necessarily exotic.

David Cook

At 08:29 AM 3/20/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Everyone
>  - delurking for a few minutes (I'm doing 2 jobs again at work...)
>My company has been asked to do a planting in a lobby in Massachusetts.
>While that is not unusual (I work for an interior landscaping company), the
>plant material specified is highly unusual for us.  The company moving into
>the space is a pharmacutical company that does cancer research.  The
>planting in the lobby is to be plants that are used for this research.  The
>architect want some chile plants in the design (yahoo!).  So - my question
>is - what varieties should we put in.  We will only have room for 1 or 2
>varieties.  I need something I can grow indoors in pots.  I would like to
>use something unusual, but it would need to be pretty hardy indoors.   Any
>suggestions???
>many thanks!
>Helen

David "Zeb" Cook
http://users.rcn.com/zebcook
I was going to find a quote about procrastination, but I'll just do it later.