Re: [CH] Dixie cups with wax coating

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:58:16 -0500

CES wrote:

> I started some seeds in some small dixie cups. Although it very easy to tear
> off the bottom it is not easy to slide the plant out of the body of the cup
> as a lot of the planting mix wants to pull away from the roots. I think I
> heard it might be ok to tear off the bottom and plant the entire cup. Any
> thoughts?.
>
> Charlie

  Hey Charlie,

  Have you considered moistening the soil well, packing it down just a bit, and using a good
sharp razor knife to cut away the cup just prior to plopping in the planting hole???

  Just a thought, as I've done this with peat pots that I didn't want to plant out.

--
Erich
C-H # 2099 & First Lieutenant of the Moderate Corps