Re: [CH] OT: Charcoal Grill

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 21:06:25 -0500

Mike Benson wrote:

> What would you recommend for a new charcoal grill?
>
> The old round Weber ( about 18" diameter) has seen better days, and we are
> looking to upgrade so something a little bigger and better.  I'd prefer
> something that has a smoker box and is built heavy duty.  I could buy online
> but would rather find something local.

A Bar-B-Chef charcoal cooker/smoker with the firebox to the side is a
couple hundred bucks and does an excellent job. I am tossing around in
my mind whether to buy one - or borrow my brother's and then forget to
return it - or find one of the ceramic "egg" cookers to try out. At
U$400 or so for a decent sized one I want to be sure what I'm getting
into before springing the dosh to have my own.

Without building a pit in the yard those seem to be the choices.

--
ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!

... I SUPPORT BUSHES MARS PROJECT- HOW SOON CAN HE LEAVE?