Re: Re: [CH] Hot Sauce Fundraiser

terrabyte@tds.net
Wed, 5 May 2004 4:08:41 +0000

To answer some questions...

I'm in Madison, WI.

(Where it SNOWED this Sunday morning...sheesh!)

> From: "Riley J. McIntire" <Riley@ChileGarden.com>

> > The hot sauce fundraiser:
> Is this onetime? Multiple days?

One day only. 1 time a year. (At least at work. Maybe a booth could be gotten at the City Chili Contest, etc)

> But that might be a lot of
> stuff to swallow.
>
> How about $1 gets various options, the hottest being a shot of Tabasco?
> $2/jalapeņo, $3/hab, $4/mustard, $5/salsa and $10/Dave's mumble sauce?
> If you get a 150 spins with an average of $3 that's $450!

Good point. I think having other 'volunteers' (suckers) would be the key to this.

> This could be fun! How about for a premium the spinor get to pick a
> spinee, so to speak? On top of the base price? Hmmm, might run out of
> spinees fast that way!

Could also allow the spinee to MATCH the purchase to NOT eat something. I can only imagine their wallet would fly out pretty quickly after getting burned once by an extract, and not wanting a repeat performance!

Also thought of having a 'tier' of hot sauces. Some of my friends there know the difference between an intro extract like Dave's verses something like "Da Bomb". I could bring in a killer like UnBEARable, etc. So $1 for the Dave default, +$1 to upgrade to Da Bomb. +$1 more to upgrade to another.

Maybe to cut down on the number of "eat" slots on the spinner, I can give out hot sauces for prizes. Those miniature Tabasco bottles would probably be pretty cheap. I could always write other companies for sauce donations. (Bring some culture to these heathens that think Tabasco is all there is)