Re: [CH] Slow or NO mail?

Jim Graham (spooky130@cox.net)
Mon, 24 May 2004 11:59:33 -0500

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 10:11:26AM -0400, Bill Drummond wrote:

> Since the latest virus/worm attack I have not been getting any messages
> from the list. I'm not sure if it's on my end or there is a problem with
> the list?

I've also noticed that there is (sometimes) quite a long lag time (one
took over four hours) between the time I send an e-mail to the list and
when it actually goes out...and one didn't even go out at all.  Something
isn't right....

As for the low traffic, if there's a problem with the server, there may
be a lot of stuff waiting to go out, or everyone might just be spending
their time off at the beach (or in the pepper garden, or both).  Who
knows....  But I've been wondering the same thing.

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)               MiSTie #49997        < Running FreeBSD 4.4 >
spooky130@cox.net || j.graham@ieee.org  ICBM / Hurricane: 30.39735N 86.60439W

             Down, not across.  --alt.sysadmin.recovery motto