Re: [CH] Best Vinegar for Hot Sauces...

terrabyte@tds.net
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:59:03 +0000

I have not made any hot sauce myself, yet.

However, after eating my share of different hot sauces, I can comment on my personal taste for Apple Cider Vinegar:

Blech!!

As you know, slapping the word "ORGANIC" on food nowadays is kind of trendy. And it has permeated every aspect of food. Believe it or not, there are hot sauces that are labeled "ORGANIC". And every one I've had the displeasure of trying ranges from "This sucks!" to "Give me my money back!".

It took me a while, but I finally figured it out: each and every one had "Apple Cider Vinegar".  And the higher it was on the ingredient list, the more it sucked.

Sauces that come to mind: Rain Forest series, and Wizard's.

-Dustin