Re: [CH] C. cardenasii????

Love2Troll (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:18:05 -0500

Thanks for all the replies.  Brent Thompson has convinced me that I have a crossed or at very best (in my mind) atypical plant.  And it seems to be setting pods like crazy & I think that is typical of many hybrids.

When I applied for the seeds I signed an agreement with Dr (can't remember her name at the moment) at the German gene bank to report my findings.  The agreement was via snail mail so I hope I can find it.

JohnT

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Brent Thompson
  To: Love2Troll
  Cc: chile-heads
  Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 11:30 AM
  Subject: Re: [CH] C. cardenasii????

  Your plant does not look to me like C. cardenasii; I vote it is a cross.

  > http://www.g6csy.net/chile/images/cardenas.jpg

  Wrong, and distorted, flower shape, but worse, really wrong calyx teeth.
  (These teeth look like C. pubescens or more likely C. eximium)..

  > http://www.fototime.com/94CE914D81B1F60/standard.jpg

  Leaves look too large for C. cardenasii, to me.

  > http://www.fototime.com/4916E90CA91BFFE/standard.jpg

  Looks like flower of C. eximium.

  > http://www.fototime.com/BD62B6C503EE24F/standard.jpg

  But this looks like C. cardenasii.

  If all these photos depict the same plant, I vote that it is a cross
  between C. eximium and C. cardenasii.

   ---   Brent