Re: [CH] Deserted

Stallcup, Michael (Michael.Stallcup@nasa.gov)
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:50:08 -0500

Alex wrote:

>And yes, this is a time of year when there may be nicer things to do than
>sit in front of a computer - at least in the Northern Hemisphere.  In my own
>case, I'm spending more time this year in my parents' gardens, as they are
>both getting a bit wobbly.
>
>But somehow this year, the pepper patch here at the apartment is doing
>better than the same plants (from the same garden store 4-packs)  in my
>parents' gardens.  They have really taken off.  I've already picked several
>pods just to lighten the plants, although some of those are not the
>fully-ripened versions.
>
>Best wishes to all, and now get out of your computer chair and go light your
>grill!

Been there, done that. This weekend on the grill I roasted huge,
thick, NM green chiles from the garden, followed by tender steaks.
When the grilled goodies were finished they were served with hot
baked potatoes and a huge salad with from-the-garden bell peppers,
cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, and yellow squash. While we ate
dinner a large tray of red-ripe serrano chiles slowly dried on the
very-low-heat grill while being smothered in clouds of sweet-smelling
hickory smoke. When thoroughly dried the smoked serranos will be
powdered and stored for those cold rainy months.  Mmmmm good!

--
Mike  (C-H #36, hab seed intact)
Carpe Capsicum!