Re: [CH] Fatalii newbie

ivan (ivan.psc@tiscalinet.it)
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 01:17:10 +0200

Hi everybody, sorry to jump in, my first time posting.

JohnT,

the Red Savina package is the same I got two years ago from Reimer Seeds but
no success at all.
Last year I've ordered Red Savinas again from Reimer but this time the seeds
were delivered in Reimer's std. package. I had several plants, with abundant
production but not really hot, the Caribbean Red where much hotter.
In these days, some fruits from a overwintered Red Savina are ripening but
the more I look at them the more they resemble to Caribbean Red.

I also bought "Devils tongue" from Reimers, very prolific and hot and they
look just like your Fattalii but bright yellow; are they the same variety of
peppers that just get different names?

Thank you

Ivan - Italy.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Love2Troll" <Love2Troll@kc.rr.com>
To: "chile-heads" <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2004 10:15 PM
Subject: Re: [CH] Fatalii newbie

> My apologies for not replying sooner, but my long time picture storing
site seems to have gone south & haven't answered my emails yet.  So will try
a freebie site and see what happens.

> Robert,
>
> My Caribbean Reds have never been all that hot either, but I did find an
old seed package of the Red Savina.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/Love2Troll/RedSavinapkt.jpg  And as
Dave says, it was purchased at Wally World.  I've kinda attributed my
inability to grow really hot peppers to my container gardening & growing
zone.  Or perhaps lack of gardening skills.  I'm also one of those people
that does not believe that stress has any major impact on pod heat.

> And my Fatalii are definately orange & I assume are the same as Mike's.
Here is a picture of some comparisons:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/Love2Troll/Pods8-8-04.jpg

> My first attempt at using this photo site so am hoping that the links
work.  My thanks to Paul The NorthEast ChileMan for the site recommendation.

> JohnT

---