Re: [CH] I've been REAL naughty!

terrabyte@tds.net
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:27:22 +0000

I caught that article too.

Yesterday's lunch, while at work, I was in a discussion about hot sauces with one of my co-workers. (The topic almost always comes up because I always have new bottles at work)

He told me that as a young child his step-dad put Tabasco on his thumb to make him stop sucking it. Unfortunately even while sleeping he was not safe, as instinct would sometimes take over, and the thumb would make it to his mouth. He would awaken in terror, wondering why he was in pain! He believes he was way too young to correlate correctly the pain with the thumb.

To this day he gags to the smell of Tobasco. Other types he's OK with (even Franks??)

After telling me this story, I put a mini-bottle of Tabasco on his work desk :)

Dustin