[CH] Mailwasher

Byron (byronbromley@tellink.net)
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:48:13 -0400

Mailwasher and Mozilla mail have the Baysean filter,  if you choose to
use  it

Using Mozilla Mail  I found an option to Block cookies in Mail and
Newsgroups, I didn't see this feature listed in other mailers.

At the time I switched to mailwasher,  OE's delete at server did not work.

~~~~~~~~~
Define efficiency.  I find it's much more wasteful of my time to have to
keep firing up mailwasher to go out to the server and validate mailwasher's
actions before I download the mail.  Maybe the email is downloaded with
Eudora, but on any decent connection, the differential is a matter of seconds.

With a 40K modem,  it takes a lot less time to run mail washer,  delete a 100 or so spammers at the server,  than to download 100 ea 50K junk mails. With the Baysean filter, if it's new junk  you still have to mark it as Junk mail.

It only takes 1 tick per mail to delete. One click to open, and one click to process mail, one click to close, How much simpler can it get?

This is also a good AV tool,  If a virus arrives  usually as a big attachment from someone you don't know, you can delete it w/o downloading.

Byron