[CH] Re: Hey Andy - How Was Bowers???

AndyB (barnhart@mfire.com)
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 09:54:02 -0400

Hi Risa,

I did not see a recent email from you on the CH List -- the most recent from
you that I have is 9/1 (Fettuccine ...).  Did you receive your own that you
refer to?

Yes, Joanne and I did go.  The weather was absolutely great -- the chile
gods smiled on the Bower's festival once again!  My son Greg (the European
traveler!) also made it.  We had a great time.

Doug did make it, along with Sandy and my grandsons.  Doug had a major booth
again. Doug, Sandy, and several helpers were fairly busy selling Doug's Evil
Sausage Sandwiches and Evil Cookies.  Doug and Sandy made and sold batch,
after batch, after batch, ..., of these Evil Cookies!

*** Essay ***
It was hard to believe that there were that many crazies at the festival
buying these cookies!   There has been much discussion in the CH List in the
past about extreme vs. moderate CHs.  I personally regard anyone that likes
to selectively incorporate chile peppers into meals as a CH -- regardless of
the amount.

One could categorize desire for amount/intensity as follows:
    Moderate CH:    Slightly more than a non-CH; Ancho, Chipotle
    Medium  CH:     E.g. Serrano, Lemon Drop, Biker Billy
    Extreme CH:     E.g. Habaņeros, Backdraft, Thai Hot, Wai-Wai Fire Noodles

However, when it comes to such as Doug's Evil Cookies, I need another
category:  Insane CH.
    Insane CH:      E.g. Doug's Evil cookies, Red Savina Habaņero,
                    Blair's Death Rain, Pure Cap

Yes. Insane, that's how I would regard the cookies.
******
Doug did not enter the Jalapeno contest this year.  The winner was a new
comer.  "Slim", the past winner, came in second.

Among the CHs were: Mark and Rich Stevans, on their way to their West Va.
vacation; Jeff and Tammy Porter, along with Jeff's brother and other
relatives.  After the festival closed, a number of us hung around the
"encampment" for a couple of hours, as it was a lovely evening, and nice to
socialize.

I do have a number of nice pics of Bowers, and plan to get them up on my
website (By the way, do you have any Round ToIt s? I need to get some.)
    abarnhart.com  (You couldn't remember this?)

I send out a notice when I do.

Love, AndyB