[CH] subscription problems...

Paul Queitsch (stringpounder@yahoo.com)
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:13:13 -0800 (PST)

When I tried to subscribe I would never get a response
from the server, so it was either not accepting them
or it was being rejected somehow by my isp, which they
assure me is not the case.
You might try sending the confirmation message from a
different server, like at work , if you have an
account there.
I tried many, many times and different ways to
subscribe and was never successful. I finally gave up
and opened a free yahoo mail account just for CH. It
is a real pain, and I only get to checking it weekly
or so, but it works. It would be REALLY, REALLY GREAT!
if the list could be on a different server. This is
the only list I've ever had this problem with. Yahoo
Groups would be better, but it would have to be
moderated (or at least membership controlled)
  Short of an additional email account using a
different isp I have not found a way to get CH
delivered to my mail (other than forwarding each
separate message from yahoo which is even more of a
pain)