Re: [CH] item: Some like it Hot

Uncle Dirty Dave (xrated@ameritech.net)
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:52:47 -0600

Peter G wrote:

> Hi folks ,
>
> here's an item from NYTimes.com    Some Like It Hot, but a New Pepper Is
> Bred for the Rest
>    http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/21/national/21peppers.html
>
> ... unreal

He'll not doubt take a lot more heat over this than his peppers
produce. What I wonder is how this pepper differs from the Gustoso or
Venezuelan Sweet Habanero - neither of which are very spicy. Other
than the colour, that is.

I don't mind the heat of full goose bozo habbies - but, I don't care
for the taste straight up as they remind me of over ripe apricots. In
sauces and as part of a jerk - yeah, OK. But, just sprinkled willy
nilly over a dish to add heat ... nahhhh.

--
ENJOY!!!
--------

Great American Outback
        .___
        \  |,
        /   |
       (  * |
        \   ;
         \_/

... "Make sure that the beer - four pints a week - goes to the troops
under fire before any of the parties in the rear get a drop."
--Winston Churchill to his Secretary of War, 1944