Re: [CH] pepper spray

David Gallardo (david@gallardo.org)
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 02:08:23 -0700

According to this link, they use cayenne peppers:

http://www.pepper-spray-store.com/relatedinfo/whatis.shtml

But does it matter what kind of pepper they start with? After all,
theoretically, they could use anything, since pepper spray is basically
capsaicin extract in some kind of solvent+propellent. I've tasted pepper
spray (a cop I knew sprayed some into a paper napkin for me) and it's
certainly hot but kind of nasty tasting.

@D