Re: [CH] pepper spray

terrabyte@tds.net
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:06:06 +0000

> From: jim@wildpepper.com
> Date: 2005/01/21 Fri PM 05:27:55 GMT
>
> The math I don't think is quite that simple.  If I take 1 million ORC &
> mix it with 1/2 mil, the result isn't 3/4 mil, though that would seem
> logical.  The 1 mil is still in there and in and of itself, is still '1
> mil' especially since it doesn't mix with most of the rest of the
> ingredients in the sauce.

> -Jim C
> Mild to Wild(R)

You know, as soon as you mentioned that, I was reminded of what a scoville unit stands for. The ratio of sugar water needed to completely dilute all traces of the heat. So, if you had an 8 oz bottle of 1-mil ORC, it would take 1 million more bottles worth of sugar water to dilute. 500,000 bottles of sugar water would cut it down to 1/2 mil SHU.

Thus, it seems that having half a bottle of 1-mil ORC and the other half being water... would have no perceivable affect.