RE: [CH] Chilaca (Pasilla de Oaxaca) plant vendor

Frank J. Hashek (fhashek@comcast.net)
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 14:22:37 -0500

The Pasilla de Oaxaca probably won't germinate, due to the heat involved in
smoking.  We have quite a few Mexican groceries locally, but I've not yet
seen Pasilla de Oaxaca in stock.  However, they are available (excellent
quality and flavor) at the Spice House.  The Spice House is one branch of
the Penzy family.

	 http://www.thespicehouse.com/product/product_75_description.php

The Spice House home page:
	http://www.thespicehouse.com/info/home.php

These peppers make an excellent vegetarian dish using zuchini, yellow
squash, onions, tomatos, corn and black beans.

Theusual disclaimers apply i.e. they don't give me any money, I've purchased
here and I'm happy.

Blue skies,
Frank