Re: [CH] Frankenfood?

Uncle Dirty Dave (xrated@ameritech.net)
Sat, 02 Apr 2005 21:57:39 -0600

Doug Irvine wrote:

> Man...you ARE wishful thinking, aintcha?
> But I must admit, today my mind was elsewhere. As some may know, I spent
> 25 years in the music business, from 1957 until 81, selling Hammond
> organs all the way from Ottawa to BC and many places in between. Have
> not had a keyboard for many years, until today, when we found an old(40
> yrs old)Hammond organ in a thrift shop! So, now it sits with me in the
> computer room! When we closed the 2 stores we owned in BC in 1980 and
> went to work for someone else for awhile, I decided that I had played my
> music outta my head for all those years and would quit! Well, if there
> are any out there who play, you will know that it just is not possible.
> so when I spotted this old Hammond, for 50 bucks I bought it! Organ is
> 40 years old, and plays today just as it did when it left 4200 West
> Diversy in Chicago, away back then. There is a resurgance of interest in
> organ music, it is turning up on radio and TV much more than ever before
> in the past years. The death of Jimmy Smith last month proved that in a
> big way, as the press jumped right on that. So, that is how I spent my
> day, now I can go and play Beyond the Reef! Cheers, old Doug in BC

It's like being a writer. I used to own a weekly newspaper - and
worked on others. And as all who know me will recognise ... have never
been shy about sharing my opinion and letting the world know what I
think. To that end I have obtained a domain and will be building a web
site where I can revive my old opinion column - The Dim View.

Now, tell me you didn't find a B-3 in an Op Shop. Please, tell me it
wasn't a B-3. One of my favourite Jass Organists, Brother Jack McDuff
hails from just down the road from here.

--
ENJOY!!!
--------

If voting could really change things it would be illegal!!!

1389 Days and Counting