Re: [CH] Chile-Heads Digest V8 #803

Uncle Dirty Dave (xrated@ameritech.net)
Tue, 10 May 2005 21:39:16 -0500

R.M.Neely wrote:
> Hello, I'm looking for a killer bar-b-que recipe.
> Does anyone have one up there sleeve?
> Thanks,Marshall. rmneely52@yahoo.com

How dead do you want to be? What style Que? Baja Oklahoma, KayCee,
North Carolina, Catch as Catch Can?

I posted a nice little rib recipe here a few days ago - it called for
doing the ribs in the oven. But, hell, anything you can do in the oven
you can do over a fire - right?

If you missed it I can repost it. I snagged it from this month's
Gourmet magazine and tested it that night. Really nice ribs.

Here's another that is decent ...

--MM

       Title: Barbecued Chuck Roast
  Categories: Bbq, Beef, Wine, Sauces
       Yield: 6 Servings

       4 lb chuck roast; 2-1/2 to 3
            -inches thick
       3 cl Garlic; minced, crushed or
            -put through a press
     1/4 c  Red wine vinegar
     1/4 c  Olive oil
     1/3 c  Sherry (just regular, dry
            -sherry. Not cooking sherry)
       1 tb Soy sauce
       1 ts Dry mustard
       1 ts Ground cayenne
            Fresh ground pepper (several
            -healthy grinds)
       2 tb Tomato catsup

   Mix all marinade ingredients except the catsup. Pour over
   the roast (the one-gallon plastic zip-lock freezer bags
   are perfect for this) and marinate for at least 24 hours.

   When your grill is ready, remove the roast from the marinade
   (reserve the marinade!) and put it on the grill, 4 to 5
   inches from medium coals. Put the cover on the grill. Mix
   the catsup into the marinade, and baste 4 or 5 times during
   grilling. It will take about 1 hour and 15 minutes for the
   roast to reach 160 degrees (medium). An instant-read meat
   thermometer is a handy thing to have for this.

   Makes 6 to 8 servings.

   Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen

--
ENJOY!!!
--------

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its
freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money it
values more, it will lose that, too. -- W. Somerset Maugham

1350 Days and Counting