Re: [CH] Piri Piri Maçarico

Ron Levi (ronlevi@pacbell.net)
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:56:46 -0700 (PDT)

--- Linda Panter <lipant@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Has anyone else ever tried this sauce?  Piri Piri Maçarico
> 100ml
>
> I bought it on Ebay, it was quite inexpensive, about GBP .99,
> which is roughly $1.80 US dollars. Shipping was a bit high.
> This
> guy sells it regularly on Ebay.
>
> It is VERY hot, and quite tasty, but overwhelmingly salty. I
> think it would be good in somethings but, sheesh, why do
> people
> do that, add SOOO much salt to a sauce?
>
> In his description on Ebay, he calls it "NOT Nando's".
> Nando's
> is the chicken chain from South Africa made by the Portugese
> (or
> was it vice versa?) and their food is super hot. I love their
> sauce!!
>
> Does anyone else make Piri-Piri sauce?
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Linda
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me - I want
> people to know WHY I look this way: I've traveled a long way
> and
> some of the roads weren't paved.

My Favorite is from New World Flavors, you can get it from Rojos
Gourmet Foods.

http://www.rojosgourmet.com/quintessential_foodworks.html

And it's not to salty either. I would call it a medium heat.
Sometimes if I really want to crank it up I will add ground
cayanne pepper. It does not really change the flavor but it does
ad heat.

Hottest Regards,

Ron Levi
Innuendo Enterprises LLC
"Gourmet Food, Gourmet Customer Service"
408-847-4047PH
408-847-5424FX

Makers of:

Baboon Ass Brand Habanero Hot Sauce - "Wild Flavor, Vicious Bite!"
Baboon Ass Brand Gone Rabid Hot Sauce - "Once Bitten Survival is Unlikely!"
Bucky Goldstien's Hot Sauce - "Saddle Up Yer Tastebuds!"
Two Goombaz Gourmet Italian Gravy - "Even Mamma's Ain't 'dis Good!"