Re: [CH] Emeril's Cajun Water

Linda Panter (lipant@sympatico.ca)
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 21:56:27 -0400

It was worth it just for the laugh!
----- Original Message -----
From: RisaG
To: Linda Panter
Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2005 9:48 PM
Subject: Re: [CH] Emeril's Cajun Water

Boy that sounds good. I have to try that one. Never heard of
Cajun Water. I've heard of Crazy Water, I guess it is similar.

Thanks for passing it on.

RisaG

Linda Panter <lipant@sympatico.ca> wrote:
Emeril's Cajun Water

Because where he gets his water, it don't come
seasoned.....

1 quart water
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 pinch Essence of Emeril (BAM!)
1 lemon (optional)
1 pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
30-40 cloves garlic (optional)
1 ham hock (optional)
1 teaspoon heavy cream (optional)

5 mins prep time
cooking time: 2 hours 5 minutes
Yield: 1 quart

1. Place water in saucepan- very simple; this ain't rocket
science, folks.
2. Use your knob to heat the water on low (turn the heat up if
you don't have 2 hours to spend, but-2 hours is really a food
of love thing; drinking 2 beers ought to do it).
3. (I said to myself: self!) relax and get one of those cold
frozen things- it will make you happy, happy, happy.
4. Don't jack the fire up to high unless you are on good terms
with the fire department (but if you do start a fire- don't run
out as fast as you can to remodel your house- stick around!).
5. That's what those lines are on there for.
6. Heat to a boil- oh yeah babe (really hot!).
7. Season with salt, pepper, and Essence (BAM!).
8. Fork a lemon if it turns you on.
9. Add a pinch of cinnaminnamom to kick it up a notch.
10. You could put in 30-40 cloves of garlic, or a ham hock,
because pork fat rules!
11. Add a teaspoon of heavy cream if it thrills you, because
somebody has to keep the Dairy Farmers of America in business.
12. And there you have it folks.... use water where called for
in Cajun recipes.