Re: [CH] White-flowered Rocoto

JohnT (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:16:23 -0500

Matt,

Thanks for the kind words.  Camera is a Minolta Dimage 7i with a 4x optical
lens screwed on for that macro.  It was pictures taken by the likes of Mats
Pettersson, our Miss Dewi and other chile-heads that prompted me to try for
good pepper pix.  You should see the online photo albums of several MSN
Rogue members if you want exceptional quality.  They make my pix look
terrible.  Kinda an all-around camera as will also take 30 second video
clips with sound.  I bought it because can interchange 49mm lens filters
with my ancient 1.4 Pentax Spotmatic SLR and my Sony palmcorder.

King of the C. pubescens title would go to someone like Joe C.  There are
relative newbies to the rocoto growing ranks that are absolutely kicking
butt.  JanZ's 5+ oz (150 grams) yellow rocoto pod for example.  And The
NorthEast ChileMan grew one of the most awesome C. pube plants I have ever
seen.

Anyways, this white-flowered rocoto has captured my attention.  Can't help
but wonder if a natural mutation or what it crossed with.  My first thoughts
were that it might be a pH thing such as with hydrangeas.  Will it cross in
either direction with baccatum, frutescens or galapagoense?  And there are
other species with black seeds.

And good to see that you are still around too!

jt