Re:[CH] steaks

Shaun aRe (shaun_are@zenlunatics.co.uk)
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:24:28 +0100

> Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:29:52 -0400
> From: Ben <benbelly@gmail.com>
> Subject: [CH] steaks
>
> How do you season your steaks?  I don't really like a lot of stuff on
> my steak, but last week I grilled a T-Bone after putting on some salt,
> black pepper, and chipotle powder.
>
> The salt and pepper are pretty standard, but the chipotle powder made
> a huge difference.  That was a great steak!  So I got wondering what
> chile-based improvements you all make to your steaks.
>
> - -Ben
>
> _________

 Hi Ben,

             Myself, most often is just black pepper, but on occasion, esp.
 if pan frying it, I'll finely chop some fresh chiles up and sprinkle them
 into the pan half way through cooking. Other times, I'll really finley
slice
 some chile into rings, and put those raw onto the freshly cooked steak - I
 like this with hab type chiles best.

 Also, if I'm making a sauce for the steak, I'll sometimes make a cream,
blue
 cheese, black pepper, brandy and chile sauce for them - again, habs or
 similar are my favourite for this.

 Cheers!

 Shaun aRe

 "May all your wishes be both wise and fulfilled."