Re: [CH] Matouks

Matt Evans (tmattevans@gmail.com)
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 11:53:27 -0400

As a matter of fact, Matouk's is one of my all-time favorite sauces.
It's pretty straightforward, but man is it good.  I like it on
everything -- very good on chicken salad sandwiches.  I had it for the
first time in the mid-90's when I was living in Albuquerque.  There
was a Jamaican restaurant that opened up near the air force base and
we went down to try it.  It was a little shack with a big smoker out
back and everyone who worked there was from Jamaica.  The menu was not
much more than jerk chicken, pork, and fish, all severed with peas
(i.e., red beans) and rice.  They also had patties, which were
astonishingly good.  The only hot sauce on the table was Matouk's, and
we ate it in copious quantities.  Mmmmm....Matouk's....

Matt