Re: [CH] Powder

Russ morgan (rmorgan@technh.com)
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:33:15 -0400

Hmmm...

Kris,

I originally had mesh in mind.  I'm not sure what the hole size of the mesh needs to be.  Do you know?

You've given me a couple of alternatives to look at, here.  A blade grinder and a burr grinder.  Didn't think of replacing the grinder.

I'm gonna do a little research on those.

Thanks,
Russ

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 12:02:52PM -0400, Russ morgan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone grinding there own powder?  What do you use to sift it with?  Hey...remember, this is about chiles!

I've been using a blade grinder (Cuisinart brand -- with a removable
steel bowl so flavors don't stick around easily and it's easily
washable) and it's worked for all the small-job dried stuff I've thrown
at it.  To echo others, there is some variation but it's "close enough"
for me.  I wonder if a burr grinder could work well for this purpose?

If you just want to make sure you get out big pieces/seeds, a mesh sieve
would work.

--
Kris