Re: [CH] Making Salsa

David Anderson (squtch@gmail.com)
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:44:38 -0700

Try using rice vinegar, preferably brown rice vinegar if you can get
it. While you are still adding acid, it is not as sharp as the other
sorts you could add, ans has a bit of a sweetness to it.

You can also try adding just a little bit of sugar.

Personally, I like making my fresh salsas with cherry tomatoes, where
the extra sweetness seems to balance out the other acids just about
perfectly. Not to mention thinner skin and easier to cut into salsa
sized pieces.

Dave