Re: [CH] Re: pepper grinding & Palm Springs?

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:49:11 -0500

Dorothy Sheets wrote:

> I am sure glad somebody said to WAIT a few seconds before you yank the
> lid off the coffee grinder after you have used it for peppers. Hunan
> face, anyone? Been there. Done that. I have a little electric coffee
> bean grinder that I use just for peppers. I have another one that's just
> for coffee. I don't mind spicy coffee but I do mind coffee-flavored
> peppers.

You do know the trick about running some crackers or stale bread (not
completely dried out) through the grinder to prepare it for other
uses, right? Do it twice. I sometimes do it just to clean up the
grinders when they get to looking nasty. And any residual cracker
meal/bread crumb is so bland as to not affect the taste of what comes
next. I learned this trick in self defence before I sprung for a
second R2-D2 grinder.

> Also, are there any good hot & spicy restaurants in the Ontario, CA or
> in the Palm Springs area? We'll be out there in October and in search of
> fiery food. Please let me know if you can recommend any favorite
> Chile-Head spots in those areas.
> Thanks, lots!

Dunno about Ontario - however I do have a web page recommended by my
friend Juanita. There are lots in Palm Springs and also just down the
road in Indio (the blue collar Palm Springs). Here is a selection of
places I have tried ... You'll not that I like Thai food.

Bangkok 5 *
70-026 Highway 111,
Rancho Mirage, California 92270,
(760) 770-9508
www.bangkok5.com/

Thai Smile
651 North Palm Canyon Drive,
Palm Springs, CA 92262-5512
no web site listed

Blue Coyote Grill
445 N. Palm Canyon Dr.,
Palm Springs, CA
760/327-1196

Arturo's *
61695 Twentynine Palms Hwy.
Joshua Tree, CA, USA
760/366-2719

Wang's in the Desert
424 S. Indian Canyon Dr.
Palm Springs, CA, USA
760/325-9264

La Pinata Restaurante
81921 US Highway 111
Indio, CA 92201
(760) 342-1183

Toni's Mexican & Seafood Restaurant
83085 Indio Blvd
Indio, CA 92201
(760) 342-0844
  http://www.tonismex.com

Teresa's Cafe *
45682 Towne St
Indio, CA 92201
(760) 347-7411

* This one is really good.

And if you eat your way through all of those - I have a great deal on
an Atkins book.   Bv)=

--
ENJOY!!!
--------

If voting could really change things it would be illegal!!!