Re: [CH] Death by Hotpot /&/ Mary-Anne says hello

JohnT (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 12:25:02 -0500

ChileBuzz,

I just sent her an invite to open a Gmail account.  Several list members
here use Gmail so should work for her?

jt

----- Original Message -----
From: ChileBuzz
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:10 PM
Subject: [CH] Death by Hotpot /&/ Mary-Anne says hello

Hi all, I want to share a post I greatly enjoyed on another list and
thought you might enjoy as well:  Death by Hotpot, posted by Simon
Bao, whose posts to Mary-Anne's lively Yahoo group, Gastronomique,
are always a pleasure to read.  Simon gave the greenlight to share
this with CHs and added a few more notes for you [at end of his
original post].

First, though, let me just mention that I also obtained Mary-Anne's
permission.  Mary-Anne said she is greatly frustrated that she cannot
get a post through to the Chile-Heads list.  She's ready to chat and
share more of hers and Steve's recipes (which we all know means good
eating).  With a little help a while back, she finally managed to get
re-subbed to the list and she does receive CH posts -- but cannot get
anything through to the list herself.

As I understand it, the problem is some ISPs do not provide a way to
send plain-text email and you can only post to CH in plain text.  She
can find no way to change the ISP's email-format preference.  She has
also tried using Firefox, but still cannot get a message through to
the list.  She thinks this email-format problem is why some long-time
CH members are no longer posting as well.  They just cannot get through.

She misses chatting with everyone.  If you know how to solve the
posting prob for her, I am sure she'd be grateful to hear from you.
"Mary-Anne Durkee" <shantihhh@sbcglobal.net>