Re: [CH] El Yuc

Matt Evans (tmattevans@gmail.com)
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:04:01 -0400

While we're on the subject....I once bought a jar of an El Yucateo
sauce at an international market that I don't typically frequent
(i.e., there are other, better markets in the area).  Upon opening, it
was a thick, spoonable consistency sort of like a salsa.  There were
what appeared to be little specks of charred vegetable flesh in the
mix -- I assume it contained roasted tomatoes, habaneros, etc., all
ground up into a paste.  Has anyone else ever had this?  It was really
good and HOT as all getout -- it was just like munching habaneros or
something.  It took a while for me to eat the whole jar even though it
was just a few ounces.

Matt