Re: [CH] Smoking Peppers?

Jim Nelson (jmnelson@winfirst.com)
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 06:40:42 -0700

I likwise smoke the peppers for use in powder and was long ago banned
from even drying the pods in the house though the Thermador ovens were
great for that purpose (sigh).  One additional choice is whether you
smike them with exposed cavety facing up or down while you smoke the
pods.  I have been smoking face up based, I think, on advice from
someone here on the theory the juices stay in longer and infuse more
flavor into the pods.  Thta has worked for me for everything from
Jalapenos to Red Savina Habs.

Anyone have an opnion as to whether it is prefereable to smoke or simply
dry mullatos, or chilehuacas if one's goal eventually is some Mole Negro?

Jim (Chilehead Lawyer to differentiate from other more venerable Jim's
on the list)