Re: [CH] ID pods from Open Fields?

JohnT (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:51:38 -0500

Thanks Jim & Brent for the ID help!  I've grown Pasilla Bajio before
and really wish that I hadn't tossed out the 4 or 5 year old dried
pods last winter.  They made for excellent soup and stew flavoring.
Must put on my 2006 grow list for sure.

Rainy day so probably won't be roasting any pods until tomorrow.
The Acongaguas look especially inviting & am anxious to compare
taste with the Spanish Spice that I grow every year.  The SS is the
only pepper I ever pick while green.

jt

----- Original Message -----
From: jim@wildpepper.com
To: JohnT
Cc: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:06 PM
Subject: Re: [CH] ID pods from Open Fields?

I'll take a stab at it, since I'm supposed to know such things :-)

The large ones on the upper left look like the Acongaguas.
Next to them on the right are a few Pasilla Bajios.
Next to them are two very green Aji Amarillos.
Continuing clockwise, I'm not sure what the long straight green ones
are- maybe unripe Sandias.
The orange ones are some of the De La Reina I believe- a
godonlyknows
chinense.
The pointy green ones at the bottom are very unripe fatiliis.

Hope this helps!

-Jim C
Mild to Wild(R)