RE: [CH] Peppahead?

Scott Peterson (scottp4@mindspring.com)
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:53:14 -0700

At 09:34 PM 10/24/2005, Rich Stevens wrote:
>You could e-mail  chilemeister@peppahead.com  and ask who he is.
>Peppahead.com is trademarked by Larry Noggle.  Name ring any bells for
>anyone?  A bit of chili related biography can be found at
>http://www.peppahead.com/about.html I got the same message about
>subscribing to a list I have never heard of.  Haven't received anything
>other than the original letter.

I did and received the following.  It's never a good idea to spam,
especially with the new anti-spam laws in Calif. but at least was targeted.

Dear Scott

Thank you for taking the time to email me, your input it is greatly
appreciated.

Please understand that the email you received is not meant as "spam".

Last month my publisher / employer, Cedco Corporation, unexpectedly
went out of business.  As the creator of the top selling Chile
Peppers calendar for the last eight years I am concerned about my
2006 Chile Peppers calendar's distribution.

I just finished my new website
<http://www.pepperhead.com/>www.pepperhead.com and was able to
purchase a limited supply of calendars from Cedco while they filed
bankruptcy.  My website is one of the few places people can purchase
my calendar.

I have been searching the internet for companies and people who might
be interested in obtaining a copy of the 2006 calendar since they
won't be in the local calendar shops or gift stores this year.   I
need the profits from the 2006 calendar to fund the 9th edition
calendar in 2007.

Mr. Dewitt was gracious and enthused about putting me in this week's
newsletter.  Unfortunately he stated the calendars could be purchased
at Amazon and they can't because they did not get their shipment from
Cedco.  You could last year, but not this year.  That's why I have to
take matters into my own hands and do a grass roots effort if I am to
keep this calendar alive.

Since I am a graphic artist by trade, I am not extremely computer
savvy.  The company who sold me the email software assured me that it
would meet all the legal issues related to "spam" emails and enable
people to unsubscribed from the list easily.

My intent was not to offend you or cause you distress.  Instead it
was to be diligent in finding people truly interested in the Chile
calendar, Chile Peppers, Recipes, Chile Art, Chile Rubs and other
Swag.  By taking the time to find true enthusiast, I hope to find
future friends who share a common passion of mine.

I did not do this the easy way and buy an email list like some
corporation would do. Nor do I intend to sell the list I create or
share it with anyone else.

Hopefully you will take the time to visit my site and it will change
your impression of me.  Please don't let my lack of sales experience
make you miss out on something that I think you might enjoy.

If you are communicating with anyone else who feels the way you do
about my initial email, please feel free to forward him or her this response.

At this time, per your request, I have removed you from any future emails.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Sincerely

Larry Noggle

                                           Scott Peterson