RE: [CH] Dhileheads on Dutch TV

Joan McCutcheon (joan@mccutcheon.com)
Sun, 6 Nov 2005 19:32:21 +0100

Hi Dustin,

I see that someone else ran the recipe through Babelfish. :  I will extend
that.  Sorry for the European measures.

250 grams fresh fruit: blueberries, raspberries, strawberries
1 cake
2 dessertspoonfuls of bramble jam - or choose your preference
1 dl sherry
raspberry jelly
2 tablespoons custard powder
4 dl milk
20 grams sugar
2 Spanish peppers - On the show I could only use what you can buy in dutch
supermarkets but normally I would use Aji Limon - mmmmn delicious and use as
many as you want.
1/2 pint cream and optional mascarpone
chocolate sprinkles

Cut cake and spread with jam and layer in a bowl.
Add sherry to cake and let it soak in and chop the chiles finely and put in
the jelly
Put jelly in the fridge for about 1 hour until almost set.
Make custard by boiling the milk slowly with the sugar.  Add a little cold
milk to the custard powder and make a smooth paste and add when the milk
mixture is boiling.  Stir in thoroughly
Lay aside and take jelly out of fridge.
Lay fresh fruit on top of the cake mixture
Then pour custard on top
Whip cream until stiff and put on top of the trifle - sprinkle chocolate on
top.

Hot and happy cooking

Joannie