Re: [CH] Habaneros-The Horse

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:27:29 -0800

Well, sure hope he does better this time. When the old Woodbine was
still THE place to race, I used to go down behind the track, and watch
all the races. This was when I was a teenager. The day before
yesterday....maybe even a coupla days before :-D  That track was set
right on the shores of Lake Ontario in the east end of Toronto, and in
fact when Marie and I were first married, we lived on Woodbine Avenue in
what was then called a "flat" the second floor of a house, kitchen,
bedroom, living room, shared bathroom! That was away back in winter
49-50. Gadzooks! It was however many years prior to that when I
inhabited the lakefront on the other side of the track! kinda neat
seeing the horses fly by...Doug