FW: [CH] Uses for rocotos?

Frank J. Hashek (fhashek@comcast.net)
Sat, 19 Nov 2005 14:11:05 -0500

 Oops, forgot to mention that you dice the tuna and that you should add
about 2 - 4 tbs of good quality Shoyu (soy sauce).  fjh

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank J. Hashek [mailto:fhashek@comcast.net]
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2005 2:05 PM
To: 'joemama'; 'chile-heads@globalgarden.com'
Subject: RE: [CH] Uses for rocotos?

Other ideas; sure, Poke, a Hawaiian fish appetizer.  I actually like it with
a little white rice and soy sauce as a light entrée.  There are a lot of
different versions, but here is a quick and easy one that I do.
	All ingredients subject to taste and how you think the concoction
looks.

	4 - 8 oz Sashimi quality tuna
	1 - 2 tbs Sesame oil
	1 - 2 tbs Rice Wine Vinegar
	1 - 2 Rocotos, finely chopped
	1/2 - 1 small red onion, finely chopped
	optional, 1 or 2 shakes of garlic powder

	Let it sit in the fridge a couple hours or overnight, stir and serve

If this apeals to you, you might want to try this cookbook:
	Sam Choy's Little Hawaiian Poke Cookbook ISBN: 1566476992

Blue skies,
Frank