Re: [CH] green chile cheeseburger?

Matt Evans (tmattevans@gmail.com)
Sun, 20 Nov 2005 11:10:00 -0500

Margaret --

You got it right -- roasted, peeled, and chopped green chile on top of
your cheeseburger after it is cooked.  In NM, it's easier to get a
cheeseburger with chile than without.  You can even add chile to your
burgers at Burger King, McDonald's, etc.

Some of my favorite green chile cheeseburgers when living in ABQ --
Owl Cafe, 66 Diner, Blake's, and that other place down on Central a
ways....?  Also, green chile pizza from Dion's (with a side salad with
green chile, too).

When we tailgated for UNM football games, we always made jalapeno
cheeseburgers -- just throw a handful of jalapenos on the grill at the
same time as the burgers -- they'll finish at the same time.  We'd
split the jalapenos in half and put them on top of the cheese.

Matt